DIM

Thursday, March 27, 2008

...destroy mother nature?

This is rather sad.

Special thanks to Veronica Lau, DDK!
For the photographs,

Each time driving down from Alor Star to Ipoh, I'll always feel disturbed at how men could and can destroy mother nature so easily.

Take a look at these pictures,

As I come closer, I see this...


It takes millions of years to form just these hills of limestone.
How can we?? Do such a thing??
We bleed this planet, drill holes into it, stuff dynamites.

Boom it goes...rocks scattering and flying onto the ground.
The hills never to be seen again.

We humans are to be blamed, but without all these we can't see progress.
That is what everyone says, but can't we do it in moderation?


Without this happening, I won't be able to drive on the North-South Highway.
We won't have marble floors.
No marble tables.
No feng shui thingy that rolls the good 'qi' into your homes.
No stones for cement mixing.
No this, no that.
The list goes on.

What can I do?
What can you do?
What do you want to do about it?

My dear friends,
The pictures that I've just shown you is only 2 of out the 38 quarries that are still in operation around Ipoh.
Only 3-4 are visible as you travel along the North-South Highway, between Ipoh and Tapah.

Here is an Old Indian Proverb.
Treat the earth well:
We did not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrowed it from our Children.


As I leave this place and make my come back.
I know,

In years to come, I will never see this hill again.

Upon reaching my destination,

I thought it would be good to get some rest and fresh air.
Opened the door,

Took some fresh...ugh...crap

Well, I know we spoiled the earth but you didn't have to spoil the air.

GOSH!


Dengki betul the muka!

No comments: